The Autocar Company, called the Pittsburgh Motor Vehicle Company until 1899, is a specialist manufacturer of refuse trucks based in Hagerstown, Indiana. US. Started in 1899 in Ardmore, Pennsylvania as a manufacturer of automobiles, and from 1907, trucks. The last cars were produced in 1912, but the company continued as a truck maker until 1953 when they were taken over by the White Motor Company. White was then taken over in turn by Volvo Trucks in 1980, with the Autocar brand continuing as a division. In 2001, it was sold to Grand Vehicle Works Holdings, which continues to use the brand name for their line of trucks.
Autocar right hand drive
Brought into New Zealand from an overseas construction project they were already right hand drive ta...
Photo taken 1990 at Auckland, see picture #6389 also